Wednesday, August 18, 2010

BEST FRIENDS STREET


near the ocean
is were i have my best friends

o'neil's house is still there
cruz's sisters live on the same street
the hotel in the corner
la bardita that no longer exists
invisibly remains

there's always room for more friends
friendly dogs that bark and chase
but do not bite
the boys maneuver their bikes just fine

my front tire missed the pair
of the tiny canines
but not the wrath of the owner's son

i wonder if he's a firstborn
he sure can run fast with beach flip flops
his youthful joints
did not seem to be bothered
by the pavements impact

he held a spray can on his hand
and enough resolve to take me on
i had my knife
and my startled kids behind me

i figured i would
get a little red paint on myself
but i would do fine

he's daddy watched from afar

his thorax is well defined
under the black designer t shirt

i would like to see
his strong heart
beating to the pulse of existence
with the rhythm of understanding

i think he can take it
if his daddy raised him well enough
he will do fine

No comments:

Post a Comment