Sunday, September 5, 2010

horse


i was waking
down the dirt road
and i heard
moaning & lamenting

i looked in the direction
of the sound
and saw a cowboy
with a bloody face
walking slowly & limping

"can you help me? i am hurt"
"i can get you an ambulance"
"no, please take me to los arcos with my compadre"
"i better get you an ambulance you look pretty beat up"
"please, please take me with my compadre
"okay, i'll get a car"

when we were in the car
on the dusty road
he said

"she wouldn't listen to me"
"what happened to her?"
"she's gone"
"how long you been walking?"
"a long time"
"are you sure you don't want to see a doctor?"
"no, my compadre will take care of me"

when we entered the compound
2 guys helped him out of my car
one had a beer in his hand
the other wore a cowboy hat

the guy with the hat
wave me good bye
the guy with beer shook my hand

i looked a the seat
the window
the dashboard
and did not see any blood

No comments:

Post a Comment